mardi 29 avril 2008

Forums

Hum, forums...
You'll probably think I always say the same things, but yeah at first I was suspiscious about them. I've never wrote on any, read or even visited any! After the creation of our forum, I went on the net and started to visit a few on topics that interested me. I oftenly read what was posted on our but I never felt like I had something to say. Or when I did write something for the first time, I mislead someone by answering wrongly to his question!! :-P. Anyway, I became more and more involved in our forum, but nowhere else on any others I visited. The thing that bothered me the most I would say was the fact that I got strongly addicted! Like all those applications on the net: mail, msn, facebook, myspace, blogs !!! I started going everyday and reading EVERYTHING!! Even on the subjects that didn't even interested me! I just felt like it was a total waste of my precious time. That's by my opinion the worse part of forums, or for myself, anything on the net!! I also didn't appreciate when people talked about me... I felt like it wasn't fair since I couldn't really defend myself and be sure people would read my responses. Anyway, I still enjoyed the experience, I learned a lot.
As far as my net experiences go, the one I enjoyed the most is the blogs. I already read a few of people I esteemed and I could think of pedagogical use for it. I watched the movie The Freedom Writers some time ago and I strongly agree with that teacher's point of view. I want to work with that kind of students too and I really think having them writing journals is a very good way to help them express themselves in other ways than through violence, drugs or sex. That's why I liked the blogs. I'm not a good writer myself but I still enjoyed reading and writting them. I think that those journals could be replaced by blogs and be environment friendly at the same time since it doesn't use paper! The only problem in disadvantaged backgrounds areas (and their schools) though is the lack of financial ressources so their access to computers is often limited. Anyhow, I plan on trying to have my students blog when I'll teach!!
But now that the unversity semester is over and since I don't want to be in front of the computer screen when the sun is out shinning, I'll neglect my favorites sites a little for the summer period!
Be back in september ;-) !!

1 commentaire:

L-Etienne D. a dit…

"I'm not a good writer myself but I still enjoyed reading and writting them."
Pour ma part, je trouve que c'est très bien écris. Les idées sont claires, le vocabulaire est bon et c'est facile à lire.
;-)